Start a New Registered Student Organization (RSO)
Interested in starting a new Registered Student Organization (RSO)? Start by watching the video below and following the steps on this page to learn more!
steps to starting an rso
- View the informational training video on this page
- Complete the training New RSO Quiz after watching the video
- Thoroughly read the 2021-2022 RSO Handbook (must be logged into @uindy.edu GMail account to view)
- Find a current, full-time UIndy faculty/staff member who will agree to serve as the
advisor of the proposed organization
- Find a minimum of five (5) current UIndy undergraduate or graduate students, who are
interested in joining the proposed organization
- Complete the New RSO Application
- Create a constitution that outlines the structure and operating procedures of the proposed organization – You can see a sample constitution here.
- Submit all paperwork and a one-minute video summarizing your organization’s mission and vision via email to the Assistant Director of Student Activities, Sarah Beck at email@example.com
Follow @uindystuaffairs on Instagram!
Want to get involved?
Input your interest information to the “Involvement Form” on the Student Activities homepage of My UIndy.