Students are recognized as commuting to campus if they reside off of campus property, including nearby apartments and homes. Whether you commute to campus from another city or walk a few blocks, UIndy has plenty of resources for you!
DESIGNATED commuter spaces
Utilize these spaces on campus to hang out, study, or spend down time on campus.
- Hound Lounge
- Schwitzer Student Center, Second Floor | Open during all Schwitzer Student Center open hours
- Commuter Lounge
- Krannert Memorial Library, First Floor | Open during all Krannert Memorial Library open hours
Parking On Campus
Commuter students must park within yellow designated parking lots on campus and must have a valid parking permit. Permit parking is enforced every weekday from 8 AM – 5 PM.
Visit https://uindy.edu/parking/ to learn more about parking, citations, and to obtain a parking permit.
Upcoming commuter programs
- September Commuter Breakfast | September 28 | 9-10:30AM | Library Commuter Lounge
- Enjoy a breakfast snack with Amy Doren, Commuter Services Chair, and get to know other commuter students!
- Bonfire & S’Mores | October 12 | 7-8:30PM | Schwitzer Park
- Kick off fall with a cozy bonfire and socially distant s’mores.
- October Commuter Breakfast | October 19 | 9-10:30AM | Library Commuter Lounge
- Complimentary Car Care | October 28 | More information will be available in early October
Questions about commuter services?
Contact Bridget Webster
Assistant Director of Student Activities