Employer Sponsored Benefits
Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
The University provides AD&D insurance for regular full-time employees and the total cost of this benefit is paid by the University. The benefit amount identified below is equal to the life insurance coverage selected and covers accidents that occur either at or away from work, resulting in loss within 90 days of the event. The AD&D coverage only insures the employee and is not effective during a period of time that insurance premiums are being waived due to disability.
Basic Life Insurance
The University provides two group term life insurance plans for regular full-time faculty and staff. Employees may elect coverage equivalent to two times annual salary to a maximum of $250,000 or flat $50,000 coverage. The full cost of this benefit is paid by the University. The effective date of coverage is the first day of the month following 30 days of employment. The basic coverage decreases incrementally beginning at age 65 and is discontinued upon termination. Conversion to a personal policy is available at the time of retirement or termination from the University.
Health Savings Account (HSA)
A tax-advantaged medical savings account through the HSA Authority is available to taxpayers who are enrolled in a High Deductible Health Plan. The funds contributed to the account are not subject to federal income tax at the time of deposit. Unlike a flexible spending account (FSA), funds roll over and accumulate year over year if not spent. HSAs are owned by the individual. Funds may be used to pay for qualified medical expenses at any time without federal tax liability.
HSA/FSA/Dependent Care Portal — marketplace365accounts.com
- HSA Employee Handout
- HSA Salary Deduction Form
- HSA Mobile App Employee Handout — Use Mercer Marketplace Accounts when Searching for the App
- Guide to Ordering Additional Debit Cards
2020 Monthly Employer HSA Contributions
|Employee & Spouse||$83.34|
|Employee & Child(ren)||$83.34|
|Employee & Family||$125.00|
2020 Biweekly Employer HSA Contributions
|Employee & Spouse||$41.67|
|Employee & Child(ren)||$41.67|
|Employee & Family||$62.50|
A group long-term total disability insurance program is provided for regular full-time employees. Benefits under this program begin after six months of continuous total disability. You may receive 60% of your covered monthly earnings up to a monthly maximum benefit of $10,000. The University provides full-time employees with long-term disability coverage at no charge to you and enrollment is automatic.
Long Term Disability Certificates of Insurance
Medical & Pharmacy Insurance
The University offers a comprehensive and competitive medical insurance program for eligible employees and their family members. The plan provides basic medical/surgical coverage and major medical protection. New employees have 30 days from the date of employment to enroll in the health plan. The effective date of coverage is the first day of the month following a 30-day waiting period. Changes may be made annually at open enrollment in the month of February. Pre-certification is required for hospitalization, surgery, and certain outpatient procedures.
Medical Plan Overviews
- CoPay Plan Summary of Benefits and Coverage (2021)
- Crimson Plan Summary of Benefits and Coverage (2021)
- Grey Plan Summary of Benefits and Coverage (2021)
Certificates of Coverage
Health Plan Resource Guides
Prescription Drug Information
- Anthem Essential Preventative RX Drug List – Applies to the Grey and Crimson Plans. Prescriptions listed are covered in full.
- Anthem Essential Drug List – Three tier drug plan – The National Drug List shows what drugs are covered and overall Rx guidelines for ALL 3 medical plans. The tier information provides information regarding what cost level (for Crimson or Grey) or copay level a participant would be required to pay.
- Searchable Anthem Essential 3-Tier Formulary Link
- Ingenio Home Delivery
- Ingenio Speciality Pharmacy
- How to use LiveHealth Online
- LiveHealth Online Member Flyer
- LiveHealth Online Psychiatry
- LiveHealth Online Frequently Asked Questions