Scholarships & Loans
Check out UIndy’s list of available outside scholarships. The list is kept up to date according to their deadlines. There are new scholarships being added constantly throughout the year.
Remember: If you don’t apply, you can’t win.
Other Scholarship Searches
- Fastweb Scholarship Search
- Sallie Mae, Inc.
- Scholarship Resource Network
- Peterson’s / Thompson Learning
- CollegeNet, Inc.
- Scholarship Scam Alert
Federal Direct PLUS Loans
Private Loan Information
Students are strongly encouraged to pursue all other types of aid, including federal loans, before applying for a private loan as grant money is free and federal loans have a lower, fixed interest rate.
- A student who has exhausted all other financial aid options may want to consider applying for an alternative educational loan.
- Students can apply for this type of loan on their own if credit-worthy. If not, a credit-worthy cosigner will be required.
- Students can borrow up to total cost of attendance minus other aid received.
- Payments are deferred as long as the student remains enrolled at least half time. Interest does accrue while in school. It is strongly encouraged to pay the interest while in school.
Private Student Loan Requirements
Disclosures lenders must provide to borrowers
- Application and Solicitation Disclosure — Provided when an application is initiated.
- Loan Approved Disclosure — Sent after credit is approved. This disclosure provides information about terms of the loan. The borrower must actively accept the loan term within 30 days of receipt of disclosure for the application to proceed.
- Final Disclosure — Sent after the borrower has accepted the terms of the loan and after the school has certified the loan amount (occurs prior to disbursement). The loan cannot be disbursed to the school until up to 7 days have passed from the lender sending disclosures to the borrower.
Borrower Self-Certification Form
- Each private loan lender must obtain a signed and completed self-certification form from the borrower BEFORE disbursement can be made. This form should be given to the student by the lender when the initial Application and Solicitation Disclosure is sent. If you have not received your self-certification form, or would like to obtain a copy now.
List of Private Loan Lenders
Listed below are lenders the University of Indianapolis has used in the past few years. Students have the option to apply through any private loan lender.
- Charter One – TruFit Student Loan (Must be half-time to apply for this loan.)
- Credit Union cuScholar Private Student Loan
- Credit Union Student Choice
- Discover Student Loan (Must be half-time and be making satisfactory academic progress to apply for this loan.)
- Fifth Third Bank
- PNC (Must be half-time to apply for this loan.)
- Sallie Mae Smart Option Loan Must pick from three in-school payment options:
- Pay just $25/month
- Make full interest payments
- Deferred Repayment Option (no minimum payment)
Application & Solicitation Disclosure
- SunTrust Custom Choice Loan (Must be half-time to apply for this loan.)
Application and Solicitation Disclosure: Custom Choice
- Union Federal (Must be half-time to apply for this loan.)
- Wells Fargo – Collegiate Loan
If you would like to see a comparison of the above Loan Programs you can compare them here with our loan comparison tool.