Academic Success Center
Assistance & Tutoring
Academic Success Center staff is available to assist students on an individual basis and will customize an individual success plan based upon a student’s academic needs. To set up an individualized meeting, please visit the Academic Success Center, Schwitzer 206.
Probation Programs (MAP/SAP)
Students who are currently on probation work with the ASC to develop an individualized plan for improving their academic skills and raising their GPA. For more information, please visit the Academic Success Center, Schwitzer 206.
Academic skills support is offered for UIndy students who are taking UIndy online courses and cannot come to campus to meet with an Academic Success Associate. Distance support is done via phone conference.
During your phone conference, we will discuss the issues/concerns you are having so that we can determine the best resources to help you achieve your goals, and we will help you develop a plan for accomplishing your academic goals.
If you are interested in an ASC phone conference, please call the Academic Success Center at 317-788-6153 to schedule your appointment. When you call to schedule, we will need the following information:
- Your name, phone number and UIndy email address
- Your specific concerns (i.e. time management, note taking, test prep, etc.)
- If there is a specific class that you are struggling with at the moment
- Your availability for the next week during the ASC normal business hours (Monday-Friday, 8 am – 4:30 pm)
Appointments will generally be scheduled within 2 business days of your initial call, depending upon your availability, as well as that of ASC staff. Phone conferences will usually be scheduled during normal office hours (M-F 8 am – 4:30 pm), and they are not available when the university is closed for holiday breaks.
Free peer tutoring is available at various places across campus during semesters I and II. For a list of subjects, hours, and locations please view the documents linked below (you must be logged in to Google with your UIndy account to access).
- Academic Success Center Tutoring Schedule document
Tutoring takes place in Schwitzer 206 on most weekdays from 4:30-7:30 p.m.
- Department Tutoring Lab Schedules
- Tutoring Resources Handout
Online Tutoring Tools
Campus Online Tutoring
- Academic Success Center Tutoring – email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment.
- Writing Lab – click here to get instructions for setting up a remote writing lab appointment.
- Math Lab – the schedule for remote Math Lab Help can be found here
- Physics/ Engineering- the schedule for remote help can be found here
External Online Tutoring
These external websites provide helpful how-to videos and information for various subjects.
SOCIAL SCIENCE & HISTORY